It is that time of year when the weather turns nice and more people are out on their bicycles. It is also a time when bicycle crashes are on the rise. The importance of safe cycling cannot be over emphasized. Here are some tips from Bike Law SC This site also has information on what to do if you are involved in a crash.
- Always ride in the direction of traffic.
- Stop at stop signs and obey traffic signals.
- Be aware of vehicular blind spots.
- Sidewalk riding often violates local law and can be unsafe.
- Use bike lanes when it is safe to do so.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Have lights on your bike when riding at night.